Monday, August 31, 2009

Update

Hello, again. I worked on the polo painting in a previous entry to take it to The Laurels. I came to the conclusion that it was not up to my archival standards, meaning it's longevity was in question concerning the stability of the experimental materials used. So, after taking a nice long look at it, I destroyed it. I had to make that decision for the protection of a future collector and to maintain my reputation as a reputable artist. Did it hurt to tear it up into tiny pieces? Yes! But it had to be done. Then I went to The Wheelers and determined the same thing, as similar products were used in that piece. Yes, that one is gone too. Two paintings destroyed in one day, but my conscience is clear that a collector has my word that a painting of mine will retain its integrity and value. On to the next project...

No comments: