Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Oscar


A few more colors and textures were added today and the background is starting to have some shapes. Again, these are layers and there will be many more to come. I want to portray mischief and energy in this wonderful little dog, so the eyes and posture keep getting worked on. Sometimes, I realize that the changes I've made were not good choices and that I need to repeat what was there before. This is all part of the creative process...problem solving, and trial and error. There is so much that I learn from each painting!
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving...we have so much to be grateful for. Personally, every day, I feel like I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have the gift of another day and another opportunity to do my best and to give love, light and gentleness wherever I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Louise, are you doing this painting from photographs or is Oscar posing for you?