Monday, March 30, 2009

Barn Book 1

Hi, everyone. Ocala was a great mini vacation except that my friend, Vance, was thrown off the back of the carriage during the marathon phase and broke many ribs. I've been helping take care of him and he's doing much better now. The chicks are now mini chickens and have been weaned from their mom who hardly gives them a passing glance.
I have been asked to do the cover art for the Virginia edition of The Barn Book and here is the start. They wanted a horse with his head over a stall door interacting with a dog...right up my alley. Of course, I'm using the very convenient home talent (Lance, the Connemara, and Ruffles, the Corgi) for models. I glazed the illustration board with a mix of medium and yellow green acrylic and sealed the edges well. I then glazed that with another green to contrast with the future brick reds and caramel Corgi colors. This is going to be fun! Thanks for watching!

No comments: