Sunday, March 1, 2009

Coaching Humor 3

A little more of the painting is revealing itself. I can't believe I committed to painting four horses and five people...all those legs! The color is a little off in this photo; the painting is more vivid in person. This coach has stopped on the steeplechase field after a carriage parade. What in the world is happening here? They are parked in front of a jump, soon to be seen...and everyone is preoccupied with something other than the fact that a race may start soon and nobody is paying attention! Is a conversation happening amongst the horses? Is the girl passenger thinking..."Oh, brother...will you puleeease get on with it?" Did someone drop a contact lens? Give this your best shot titling this piece and I will send you a pack of notecards of my work as a reward to the winner!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I know we had another passenger when we left -- did he fall out when we ran over that rut?"

Linda Shantz said...

I think I might be tempted to call it "Hazard" or.."Haphazard"! Looking great so far!

Beth Niquette said...

I started at the most recent version, moving back to this first. What a wonderful thing you have done here--to share your progress. What a talented artist you are! Your use of color is fascinating.