Thursday, December 11, 2008

Dancing Tree


Hello, and sorry to have left you hanging for a few days. Ruffie, my littlest Corgi, got stepped on by one of the ponies and had surgery to repair a broken back leg. She's doing very well and is on bed rest for three weeks. Of course, I'm doing the Florence Nightingale/butler/cook/porter/maid/masseuse/dog toy provider/entertainer/potty assistant/bandage changer thing, so I haven't had as much time in the studio. However, here is the next step on the Dancing Tree. I've started incorporating the finer threads for branches and grass, and more roots are next. I think this tree is doing the Samba! How about some dancing critters in and around, and I think the branches will extend outside the edges of the canvas. If you have an old favorite garment or piece of fabric that you just can't bear to throw away, give it a new life as a piece of art on your wall! Send it along and I'll do a truly unique commission for you... you'll smile whenever you see it!

No comments: