Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Friendship


Hello, everyone. It's good to be back. All the holiday guests have gone home and I can now get back to work. I have had to put the Dancing Tree aside for the moment as I was asked to participate in a sporting/animal art show and my deadline is Jan. 30 for five new paintings. Here is the beginning of a small piece, oil pastel on board, of two friends scratching each other's withers and necks. This communal scratching is a sign of endorphin releasing comraderie and is typical behavior of horse pals. With the painting being so small, about 8" x 12", I'm hoping to be able to show that the far horse will have actually grabbed the near horse's crest of the neck with his tongue sticking out of the side of his mouth! Maybe too tall an order for someone who paints with oil pastels that don't make a point for tight detail! I'll still try, and you can tell me a bit later if it doesn't work out well and I'll change it. Hopefully, this one will be finished soon so I can start on the next one, a very unusual painting of a Corgi, as you will see!

No comments: